Sandwiched between Hackney Downs, Hackney Wick, Dalston and Haggerston, London Fields is the Elysian heart of East London. Its central artery is the delightful Broadway Market, bursting with possibilities for eating, drinking, reading, creating and entertaining on any day of the week, but especially at the weekend when it’s lively market arrives.
1. Broadway Market – A pioneer of the modern London market scene, Broadway re-emerged in 2004 and has been growing ever since.
2. Buen Ayre – Currently listed as one of the elite travelers top 100 restaurants in the world. Their lunchtime menu offers two dishes for £9.
Lunch is served Mon – Fri 12pm- 3pm. 50 Broadway Market London E8 4QJ
3. London Fields Lido – A 50m Olympic-sized, heated pool that’s open all year round.
Opening times: Monday – Sunday 6:30am – 9pm. London Fields West Side, Hackney, E8 3EU
4. London Fields Brewery – For just a tenner, they’ll take you through the beer making process and end with a delicious tasting experience in the Tap Room. Tours are every weekday at 7pm; Saturday and Sunday on the hour from 12pm – 5pm.
365-366 Warburton Street, London E8 3RR
5. London Fields Fitness Studio – Drop-in and pay-as-you-go fitness classes. Spin passes are just £10 a go, or you can get an incredible deal of a class pass for just £20, offering you access to over 80 classes. Opening Hours: Monday – Sunday: 6am – 11pm. 379 Mentmore Terrace, London E8 3PH
6. A-Side B-Side Gallery – Following a hugely successful launch and several exhibitions from established and emerging artists, it continues to grow from strength to strength.
Hackney Downs Studios, Amhurst Terrace, E8 2BT
7. The Dolphin – Legendary karaoke nights. It’s free door entry throughout the weekdays and £3 on Fridays and Saturdays. Opening Hours: Sun-Thurs 4pm – 2am; Fri/Sat 4pm – 4:30am.
163a Mare Street, London, E8 3RH
8. The Viktor Wynd Museum of Curiosities – The Last Tuesday Society’s arcane collection of curios, freaks and artworks is the epitome of modern East London. Get down here and get creeped out! Opening Times: Wed-Sun 11am – 10pm.
11 Mare St, London E8 4RP
9. The Laundry – A multi-purpose restaurant, tea room, cocktail bar, night club and media space. Opening Times: Sun – Thurs: 10.00am-11.30pm, Fri & Sat: 10.00am-12.30am
2-18 Warburton Rd, London E8 3FN
10. Coffee Is My Cup Of Tea – Brunch, or a coffee pep-up? Your choice. Opening Times: Mon – Fri: 8am – 6pm, Sat: 9am – 6pm, Sun 10am – 6pm.
103b Dalston Lane, London E8 1NH
11. Time Run – 3-5 friends have an hour to solve clues and help time travelling inventor Luna and her robot Babbage in their mission. This is a little bit pricey, but the amount of care and effort that has gone into creating this immersive experience makes it worth it.
Bookable up to August 31st!
Opening Times: Tue – Fri 1:45pm, Sat/Sun 10:45am
9-15 Helmsley Pl, London E8 3SB
Goodbye for now, Fruglers and remember: